In India Air pollution is a common thing and almost in all the cities we are facing such problems. As per survey of the most polluted cities in the world India has named 7 cities in the list. This Air we are breathing is very dangerous to us and our family members especially children’s and old people. To safeguard you from these air pollutants and that you and your family members can breathe fresh air, we will tell you about the best air purifier available in the market in 2020.
Below is the list of best air purifier available in the market in 2020:
1. Dyson Pure Cool Link Tower Wi-Fi-Enabled Air Purifier
If you wish to remove dust articles as small as 0.1 micron, then Dyson pure cool link is for you. With its pure cool link tower, it removes 99.95% of particles.
Filters: HEPA filter + Dyson pure cool link technology
- HEPA technology removes 99.95% of allergens & pollutants as small as PM 0.1 (0.1 microns),
- It can remove harmful toxins and bad odours,
- It can be remotely controlled through smart app and LCD display,
- Certified by Asthma and Allergy foundation of America,
- Special feature includes; auto mode, night-time mode, sleep timer,
- Easy to clean purifier,
- The fan speed can be set up to 10 level,
- It uses a low face velocity which ensures that harmful pollutants are not released back into the room,
- It works with Amazon Alexa.
Warranty and Support:
The Air Purifier comes with 2 years of warranty on the product.
- Auto mode automatically senses the air pollutants and clear it,
- Can remove up to 0.1 microns,
- Night mode and sleep timer a great feature as well.
- Expensive as compared to other purifiers.
2. Mi Air Purifier 3 with True HEPA Filter and Smart App Connectivity
Next is Mi Air Purifier 3, this purifier also comes with HEPA technology and smart app connectivity feature. After ranked no.1 in mobile Xiaomi has now getting good rating in air purifiers as well.
Filters: HEPA filter
- HEPA filter removes 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns,
- OLED touch display to show air quality, temperature and humidity, Wi-fi connection,
- Easily accessable through mobile app,
- Clean Air Delivery Rate of 380 cubic meters per hour,
- It works with Amazon Alexa and Google Home,
- 360 degrees air intake for 3-layer filtration of air.
Room coverage: Up to 484Sqft
Warranty and Support: The Air Purifier comes with 1 year of warranty on the product excluding filter.
- High air delivery, it flows 6333 litres of clean air per minute.
- Air filter replacement requires very frequent.
3. Philips High Efficiency Air Purifier
Philips is the no.1 brand in Air purifiers in India and it need no introduction. It comes with VitaSheild technology which removes particles as small as 0.003 microns.
Filters: VitaShield IPS technology
- It filters out TVOCs and harmful gases like formaldehyde,
- Clean Air Delivery Rate of 333 cubic meters per hour,
- It display real time air quality,
- Special feature includes; silent mode and smart light control,
- The purifier kills bacteria and virus up to 99.90%,
- It is also tested to remove H1N1 virus.
Room coverage: Up to 851Sqft
Warranty and Support: The Air Purifier comes with 2 years warranty on the product.
- Removes particles as small as 0.003 microns from air,
- Its allergen mode will remove common allergens from the air.
- It is not good at removing odours (kitchen smells, smoke).
4. Coway Sleek Pro AP-1009 Air Purifier
Coway air purifier uses 3-way filtration technology to clear the air. First its Pre-filter clears out heavy dust particles then its carbon filter will filter out cigarette odours, bad odours and third its Green anti-flu HEPA filter will clear harmful gases and micro dust from Air.
Filters: Pre- filter, Green Anti-flu HEPA filter and carbon filter
- It uses 3-way filtration technology which almost clears all the dust particles, odours and harmful gases,
- Clean Air Delivery Rate of 333 cubic meters per hour,
- You can adjust speed up to 4 level,
- It indicates real time air quality like Clean, Low Pollution, Medium Pollution and High Pollution,
- It consumes 38 watts of power,
- 8500 hours of filter life.
Room coverage: Up to 355Sqft
Warranty and Support: The Air Purifier comes with 5 years of warranty on motor and 1 year on electrical parts.
- 5 years of warranty is a great benefit,
- Air filter longer life,
- Lowest noise of 24db as compared to other purifiers.
- Not good for a spacious room.
5. Havells Freshia AP-58 85-Watt Air Purifier with Remote
Havells purifier which uses 9 stage of filtration process to clean the air. Apart from this it uses HEPA technology which will allow fresh and healty air.
Filter: HEPA technology and noiseless BLDC motor
- It uses HEPA technology with 9 stage filtration process,
- Filter will clean air from pollutant, dust particles, bad odour, smoke odour, cooking smells, and pet odours,
- Clean Air Delivery Rate of 500 cubic meters per hour,
- Its special features includes; sleep mode, child lock, auto filter replacement reminder, dust sensor,
- Display real time air quality like Clean, Low Pollution, Medium Pollution, High Pollution air,
- It consumes 85 watts of power.
Room coverage: Up to 624Sqft
Warranty and Support: The Air Purifier comes with 2 years of warranty on product.
- CADR is high and good for spacious room like living room,
- Uses 9 stage of filtration process,
- It consumes more power.
6. Honeywell Air Touch-S8 Smart
Honeywell air purifier has been awarded best purifier in consumer and industrial categories in India in 2017. Its purifier has been awarded best for its design.
Honeywell purifier uses 3 stage filtration process to clear the air. Apart from HEPA technology it has its own patent HiSiv technology which clears toxic and harmful gases.
Filter: Pre filter, HEPA filter and HiSiv technology
- Its 3 stage filtration process will clear PM2.5 particles, dust, toxic, harmful gases and odour,
- Clean Air Delivery Rate of 300 cubic meters per hour,
- It has special features like sleep mode, filter replacement reminder,
- Can be remotely controlled through a smart app and touch display,
- Air filter comes with a life of 3000 hours,
- You can also replace the filter, no need to wait for service engineer to do so,
- Power consumption is 52W.
Room coverage: Up to 450Sqft
Warranty and Support: The Air Purifier comes with 1 year of manufacturer’s warranty on product.
- Unique technology and awarded for best purifier in 2017,
- Longer filter life of 3000 hours
- Compared to other purifier special features are less.
Which is best purifier for you house, how to decide?
The answer to this question depends on below criteria:
Yes, room size matters a lot in purchasing a purifier. It depends you require purifier for your master bedroom, living room or for kitchen area. Mostly all the purifiers cover same area, but some purifiers even cover more area. So, it all depends on your need.
Your loved ones suffering from asthma or allergen:
If anyone in your house is suffering from asthma or allergen. If yes, then you must buy an air purifier as it will clear the dust particles, allergen and pollutants from air and releases fresh air.
To clear bad odour:
Remove bad odour such as kitchen smell, smoke odour and any bad odour is very important. Check for purifier which can remove such odours is best one for you.
Why you need purifier at house?
The answer is very simple, we need purifier to clean the air in our house. If your house is near to a road which is almost jammed with traffic, you must need a purifier, because the air coming to your house is also polluted. If you inhale such air it will cause many serious problems to your health.
Purifier is not limited to clear the polluted air, it also clears air with the odour such as cooking smells, pet dander, smoke and, filter air from toxic and harmful gases.
Instead of inhaling such harmful chemicals in our body we should invest in buying air filter. A onetime cost will save our long-time savings.
Which is best purifier, how to decide?
Now a day’s market is full of air purifier which makes it difficult for us to identify for best purifier. To choose best purifier you should see below points which should have in purifier:
- Go for a purifier which will clear the air from dust, pollutant, harmful gases, bacteria and viruses.
- Purpose of purifier is important, if you are purchasing it for your living room or for your master bedroom or kitchen area. Based on size and capacity of air purifier you should buy it.
- Noise level is another problem in a purifier, if sound is too much than you will not get comfortable sleep in night. In market purifiers are coming with the special feature of silent mode, night mode.
- CADR i.e. clean air delivery rate which tells you about how frequently air purifier cleans the air. This will help you determine which purifier best suits to your room size.
- You need an air purifier which has a low maintenance cost, check for filter life and feedback how frequently you need to change air filter.
- Please check for filter type as well. There are many types of filter which are helpful in removing dust, pollutants, odour and other harmful gases.
- HEPA filter which almost removed dust particles up to 99.97% and as small as 0.3 microns. It is also helpful in removing harmful toxic and gases from the air.
- Carbon filter which will clear carbon from the air. But these are not effective in clearing airborne allergens.
- UV light filter which is very useful in clearing bacteria and viruses exist in the air. It almost clears all the bacteria and viruses which can be harmful to your health.